The Michigan Simmental Association is proud to offer the Michigan Simmental Breeders Futurity for the 2020-2021 show season. The heifer futurity will be based off a point system hosted through the MI Show Points program. During the course of the year, eligible heifers will gain points when placed in class at designated MI Show Points shows. Once the show season is completed, two awards will be presented amongst the highest point heifers; one purebred and one percentage female. Each winner will receive a $500 check. See the list of rules and requirements below.
FUTURITY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Heifers must be born in Michigan and the breeder must be a member of the Michigan Simmental Association in good standing.
• Junior exhibitors must be entered in the MI Show Points program and the breeder must nominate the heifer for futurity at the time the heifer is entered in the points program.
• Both junior exhibitor and heifer must comply with all MI Show Points requirements and show rules.
• Winning heifers will be determined by the MI Show Points system; the highest placing futurity heifer in each division will receive an award. • Winning females are subject to DNA testing.
• Percentage heifers must be at least 50 percent Simmental or greater to qualify in the percentage division.
• Nomination fees are $25 per heifer.
• Futurity forms and payment must be paid and submitted by the breeder. Nominations and payment submitted by junior exhibitors will not be accepted.