Location: The Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education; East Lansing, Michigan
Stalled: Thursday March 28, 2019
Show: Friday March 29, 2019
Sale: Saturday March 30, 2019
Auctioneer: Sheridan Auctioneering
Sale Chairman: Robert DeLong (989) 551-4712
Sale Chairmen are available to answer any questions or assist you in selection entries for the Beef Expo Sale. Please feel free to call.
January 20, 2019
Late Entries $150/head
8373 Hadley Road
Cass City, MI 48726
Cell #: (989) 551-4712
675 Osborne Road
Delton, MI 49046
7247 Knight Road
Muir, MI 48860
Rules and Information
- Commission: The sale commission will be prorated as a percentage of the total expenses to the total sale gross. Entry fee will be applied toward sale commission. Commission will be due on any lot bought back by the consignor.
- Entry Fee: A $100/head entry fee is a required fee and will be applied toward your commission. This fee is non-refundable in the event of a no-show or buyback.
- Late Entries: will be accepted at $150/head with no guaranties of being in the catalog. No pictures will be accepted with late entries.
- Registration Certificates: All entries must be registered with the American Simmental Association prior to the sale. Original Simmental registration certificates must be in the hands of the sale chairman before the lot can be sold.
- Health Requirements: All Michigan entries must be tagged with an EID Tag. All out of state cattle must have Interstate Health papers, permanent ID# (such as their tattoo #).
All cattle should be free of warts, ringworm, and mange.
All cattle should be free of internal and external parasites.
All cattle should be fully and properly vaccinated.
- Breeding Guarantee: All entries will sell guaranteed in accordance with the recommended terms set forth by the Michigan Beef Expo Committee. All Bulls born before 3/1/2018 must have passed a Breeding Soundness Exam. All Bulls born after 3/1/2018 must pass a Breeding Soundness physical with at least 50% live sperm. A Breeding Soundness Certificate Must accompany each bull.
- Heifer Pens: Consignors may enter up to three (3) REGISTERED non-HALTERED females that are born on or after October 1, 2016. These cattle will not be shown in their respective breed show. The consignor must provide certificates of registration from a United States breed registry. Cattle will be penned in a designated area of the MSU Pavilion.
- Free of Genetic Defects: Cattle that test positive to a genetic defect are Not allowed to sell in the Michigan Simmental Beef Expo Sale.
- New This Year: All consignments to the Michigan Simmental Beef Expo show and sale must be at least 25% Simmental.
- Cattle must be broke to lead. Banners will be awarded for Grand and Reserve Champions.
- Bulls – All bulls will be required to have a nose ring or plug in.
- Membership in the Michigan Cattlemen’s Association is required. Please call their office (517) 347-8117 to request a membership form. Non-members will have fees deducted from their check.
- Membership in the Michigan Simmental Association is required.
- Membership in the American Simmental Association is not required but a transfer fee may be added.
- All tattoos will be checked by the sale committee at check in. Registration certificates must be presented at check in time. All animals must be tattooed and tattoos must correspond to registration paper.
- All entries will be stalled on the bedding provided by the Michigan Beef Expo. Stall space will be assigned by the sale committee. If you desire to be stalled next to someone, please note on your entry form.
- Sale order will be determined by the sale committee with influence from the pre-sale show.
- Only high quality pictures will be in the catalog. The catalog committee screens pictures for the catalog and will have the final decision on quality and may ask to have them retaken.
- Please attach a copy of the Simmental registration certificate.
- Please make checks payable to the Michigan Simmental Association.