Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2, 2016
the Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education in East Lansing, Michigan
ENTRY DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 10,2016
DOWNLOAD 2016 MI Beef Expo Entry Form
Rules and Information
Stalled: Thursday, March 31, 2016
Show: Friday, April 1, 2016
Sale: Saturday, April 2, 2016
Entry Deadline: February 10, 2016
Auctioneer: Col. Bill Sheridan
Sale Chairman: Robert DeLong: 989-551-4712
Sale Chairmen are available to answer any questions or assist you in selection entries for the Beef Expo Sale. Please feel free to call.
Commission: The sale commission will be pro-rated as a percentage of the total expensesto the total sale gross. Entry fee will be applied towards sale commission. Commission will be due on any lot bought back by the consigner.
Entry Fee: A $100/head entry fee is a required fee and will be applied toward your commission. This fee is non-refundable in the event of a no-show or buyback.
Late Entries: will be accepted at $150/head with no guaranties of being in the catalog. No pictures will be accepted with late entries.
Registration Certificates: Al entries must be registered with the American Simmental Association prior to the sale. Original Simmental registration certificates must be in the hands of the sale chairmen before the lot can be sold.
All Michigan entries must be tagged with an EID Tag.
All out of state cattle must have Interstate Health papers, permanent ID# (Such as their Tattoo#).
All cattle should be free of warts, ringworm, and mange
All cattle should be free of internal and external parasites
All cattle should be fully and properly vaccinated.
All entries will sell guaranteed in accordance with the recommended terms set forth by the Michigan Beef Expo Committee. All Bulls born before 3/1/2015 must pass a Breeding Soundness Exam. All bulls born after 3/2/2015 must pass a breeding soundness Physical with at least 50% live sperm. A Breeding Soundness Certificate MUST accompany each bull.
- Cattle must be broke to lead. Banners will be awarded for Grand and Reserve Champions.
- Bulls – All bulls will be required to have a nose ring or a nose plug in.
- Membership in the Simmental Association is required. Non Members must join at the time entries are submitted. Please enclose $20.00 for annual dues to the Michigan Simmental Association.
- Membership in the Michigan Cattleman’s Association is required. Please call their office 517-347-8117 to request a membership form. Non-members will have fees deducted from their check.
- Membership in the American Simmental Association is not required but added transfer fees may be added.
- All tattoos will be checked by the sale committee at check in. Registration certificates must be presented at check in time. All animals must be tattooed and tattoos must correspond to registration papers.
- All entries will be stalled on the bedding provided by the Michigan Beef Expo. Stall space will be assigned by the sale committee. If you desire to be stalled next to someone, please note on your entry form.
- Sale order will be determined by the sale committee with influence from the pre sale show.
- Only high quality pictures will be. The catalog committee screen pictures for the catalog and will have final decision on quality and may ask to have them retaken.
- Please attach a copy of the Simmental registration certificate.
- Make checks Payable to the Michigan Simmental Association.
8673 Hadley Rd
Cass City, Mi 48726
Entries Due: February 10, 2016
Late Entries $150/head
Important information for sale cattle consignors and owners
of display cattle at the 2016 MI Beef Expo
Health Requirements: Please refer to the attached document OR the 2016 Health Requirements for Native Michigan Livestock Exhibited in Michigan at www.michigan.gov/mda-exhibitinfo.
Out of State Cattle: All cattle from out of state must have interstate travel papers. Please contact the Michigan Dept. of Agriculture Animal Industry Division at 517-373-1077 for details about those requirements.
Breeding Soundness Exams: All bulls born prior to March 1, 2015 must have a complete breeding soundness exam(BSE) as defined by the Society for Theriogenology. Bulls not passing the BSE will not be eligible for sale. All bulls born between March 1, 2015 and April 30, 2015 will be subject to meeting all requirements of a BSE, except they will only need 50% morphologically normal sperm to pass ( as compared to 79% for bulls born prior to March 1, 2015). BSE’s will be available from noon to 5:00 on Thursday afternoon, April 9, at the MSU Pavilion.
Bovine Viral Diarrhea (BVD) Test: All sale cattle must provide negative test results and documentation for BVD and provide to the sale chairperson/s at check-in time.
Ring & Bug: All display and sale bulls (any age) must have a ring or bug in their nose at all times while on the Expo grounds.
Tie Outs: All animals must be double tied while in tie outs.
Membership: All sale consignors must be regular Michigan Cattlemen’s Association members.
RFID TAGS: All cattle at the Michigan Beef Expo are required to have RFIS ear tags.
Tags will be available on site for out of state cattle at a cost of $2.00 each.
Cattle Arrival: Sale and exhibit cattle may arrive beginning Thursday, March 31, 2016. For out of state exhibitors, if early arrival is necessary, please contact Scott Rancour at the MSU Pavilion, 517/432-5566. Set up of stalling areas may be done on Wednesday, March 30,2016 between 3:00pm and 7:30pm. Doors will be locked at 8:00pm.
Livestock Judging Contest: Consignors are required to allow for their cattle to be used for the Livestock Judging Contest if requested.
Cattle Display Area: Take the opportunity to make your cattle display exhibit as attractive as possible. Please be respectful of other exhibitors and guests and keep the aisles clean and keep your possessions within your assigned space. Remember, no grooming chutes are permitted in the display area. If you sprinkle your bedding with water, please use a limited amount so that it does not flow into adjacent exhibitor spaces.
Trade Show Exhibitors: Be sure to visit the Trade Show exhibitors and let them know how much you appreciate their support. They are a vital part of the success of Michigan Beef Expo.